Government College Umuahia is a boarding school for boys aged between 10 and 17. A world-class residential all boys secondary school located on Ikot-Ekpene Road, Umuahia in Abia State, which offers a combination of British and Nigerian curricula.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facilities Manager
Location: Umuahia, Abia
- The Facility Manager would be responsible for the management of all academic & non-academic facilities including, maintenance of Government College Umuahia. Ensuring that facilities are up to standard.
Facilities Manager Job Duties
- Manage the overall services of all equipment housed within the school premises.
- Maintain entire responsible for the security, maintenance and services of work facilities to ensure that they meet the required needs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing and agreeing contracts and providers for services including, parking, cleaning, catering and technology. (CSO role will take responsibility for security matters).
- Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including cleaning, maintenance, grounds and security.
- Ensuring that basic facilities, such as water, power, utilities and refuse are well managed.
- Managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness of all facilities of the school not limited to water management, refuse disposal and power supply AC, DC and solar energy.
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
- He / She looks after what has been delivered and maintains it.
- He/she ensures they do not fall below the benchmark.
- Ensures that the built environment in the school maintains the impeccable quality delivered to him.
Qualifications & Skills Preferred
- At least 3 years of experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities Management, Engineering, Environmental Sciences or a related field.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills; time-management skills; maintenance experience; familiarity with building upkeep, structural issues, and grounds maintenance; budgeting skills; interpersonal and communication skills; organizational and planning skills; leadership skills; flexible scheduling.
- He / she must possess excellent negotiating skills. A working knowledge of the environment will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
20th July, 2021.
|Job Category||Facilities Manager|