Tope Adebayo LLP – We are a full-service law firm located in the heart of Lagos State with a team of multi-talented and dedicated legal professionals grounded in the basic principles of excellence, professionalism, and integrity with focus on getting the deal through and ensuring client satisfaction. Our excellent track record in legal advisory services to clients and agencies in all sectors of the economy is widely recognized and highly respected.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Experienced Associate
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Departmen : Energy & Natural Resources
- The job holder must be familiar with the legal and regulatory framework as well as transaction documentation and financing models in the oil & gas, power, and mining sectors.
- To offer direction and advice on legal matters in a professional and timely manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Job Holder will:
- Provide sound, quality technical legal advice and guidance to clients on Energy and Natural Resources law, policies and regulations, asset acquisitions, disposals, strategic alliances, and general corporate and commercial law practice.
- Advise, negotiate, and draft major project and commercial agreements, in oil and gas, power, mining, corporate finance, and any other area of practice required by management either alone or as part of a team.
- Provide expert advice to clients on the legal and business implications of proposed transactions, anticipating legal and contractual concerns and devising strategies to resolve them.
- Assist clients in interfacing with regulators and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provide responses to client matters.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of clients’ businesses and conduct and conclude contractual negotiations on behalf of clients.
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with excellent academic credentials.
- Good knowledge of the legal framework for the oil and gas and power sectors and experience in handling regulatory and legal issues emanating from transactions in these sectors.
- General experience and knowledge of project finance transactions in the Energy Sector will be an added advantage.
- Experience advising on and procuring regulatory approvals, licenses and permits for energy and finance related transactions.
- Ability to project the Firm through thought leadership.
- A level of interpersonal skills sufficient to enable the post holder to establish and maintain credibility and effective working relationships, with senior contacts both internal and external.
- Highly focused commercial approach to business in addition to legal flair.
- Concise and precise drafting skills combined with good problem-solving skills.
- Good eye for detail and effective time-management.
- The ability to remain confident and assured in difficult circumstances, and to possess the resilience and stamina to sustain performance, particularly when under pressure.
- The ability to keep abreast of professional, legal, and working practice changes and to impart such knowledge as necessary.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 26th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV with qualifications stated and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.