Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Economist
Employment Type: Contract
- Help develop/shape regulatory funding mechanisms, with a particular focus on enabling opportunities to exploit new net zero commercial opportunities
- Lead on the analysis of regulatory Impact Assessments (IAs), to ensure regulatory change proposals are demonstrably in the interests of our customers
- Through close working and day-to-day interactions, build the knowledge and understanding of the principles of regulatory economics across the legal and regulatory affairs team
- Manage the work of any external economic consultants when they are required to ensure that they add maximum value
- Lead on economic analysis of key policy and regulatory proposals and opportunities
- Close working relationships with senior management is a critical aspect of the role and close support to business areas by the team is essential
- Develop excellent working relationships at all levels, and with a wide range of key external stakeholders.
Education & Experience Requirements
- B.Sc Degree in Engineering discipline, an MBA is preferable.
- At least eight years’ experience in refining business, to include technical and commercial aspects.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering practices, economic principles and calculation methods.
- Expert in international business and cross-cultural professional practices.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online