United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Direct Sales Business Partner
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- Responsible for creating product awareness and engagement with the Area Sales Managers, implementing marketing plans and strategies including deployment and activation of Direct Sales Executives at the Branches.
- The Staff liaises with the Area Sales Managers to drive consistent, profitable growth in sales count and volumes through the development and execution of marketing campaigns, Identification of clusters at different market locations for daily/weekly market storms, creation of customer engagement, and interactive sessions, market survey, development of marketing support strategies to drive and improve short- and long-term sales/earnings.
- The Staff handles Branch and Area weekly engagement to review performance and possible strategies for driving Sales.
- Drives sales of the bank’s retail products by liaising and engaging with Area Sales Managers, providing the required support to ensure sales budget achievement.
- Participates in recruitment, training, and deployment of the Direct Sales Executives (DSEs) to their branches to achieve the sales targets of the bank.
- Providing Marketing support and activation of market locations.
- Develops coordinated strategies for cluster market penetration to achieve set targets.
- Participates in campaigns to drive product adoption, Sales, and usage of the bank’s retail services.
- Reviews branch and area performances and schedules engagements such as DSE clinics based on the report review. Collaborates with ASMs to ensure the agents are being managed and supervised.
- Coordinates customer engagement sessions.
- Conducts regular competitive analysis via market feedback to compare offerings with the competition.
- Performs regular market scanning to provide feedback to product/segment managers on opportunities for product and service improvements.
- Reviews and maintains daily activity performance report of the Area Sales
- Managers, ensuring their daily tasks feed into the overall objective to achieve the budget numbers.
- Assists Head, Direct Sales (in liaison with HCM) to implement effective people management.
- Ensures that new/redeployed DSE are provided with the support required to work – ID cards, etc.
- Daily, weekly & monthly performance assessment of ASMs/PCMs.
- Conducts periodic (weekly & quarterly) training for ASMs/PCMs on the bank’s policies, procedures, products & services.
- Monitors overhead expenses ensuring costs are kept within budget.
- Working with Area Sales Managers /profit Centre Managers to execute market storms & cluster marketing.
- Coordinates customer engagement sessions to interact with customers.
- Escalates sales challenges for resolution and implements recommendations that ensure the achievement of performance targets.
- Provides feedback from the market and makes appropriate recommendations to improve offerings.
- Works closely with Cluster Control and Compliance units to ensure that products are sold by DSEs in line with the bank’s policy and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that new sales comply with AML and KYC regulations.
- First Degree in any field
- Minimum of 3 years experience, out of which 2 years must have been spent in a similar role in Personal Banking.
- We are currently seeking Direct Sales Business Partners.
- The candidate for this position must have good knowledge of bank policies and procedures.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills
- Great communication skills (written and oral)
- Project management
- Excellent product management skill
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies and procedures
- Excellent interpretation of business needs into operational requirements.
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility.
- Highly organized, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online