An indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization with head office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Director / Head State Coordination
Job Code: SCU001
- We are in search of highly skilled, dynamic, committed, bright individuals with good work ethics and high level of integrity to work with our highly experienced team.
- If your energy for our vision of saving lives, along with technical skills match our need to keep delivering a Program that continues to strengthen the health system in Nigeria then apply if the position suits your skills and abilities.
- The Deputy Director / Head State Coordination is a key member of the senior management team and will oversee the implementation of various health interventions including comprehensive HIV care and treatment services in all the supported states.
- The position is responsible for coordination and execution of all program activities in the states and brings professional credibility to organizational capability and reputation in program implementation.
- The post holder shares in the overall responsibility for the management of the program including direction, supervision, and evaluation of State program managers and field office staff.
- H/She will supervise multi- disciplinary teams of professionals providing technical support to supported facilities providing HIV/AIDS care and treatment and other health services that are consistent with the organizational plans.
- As leader of CIHP state programs, the incumbent represents CIHP values and principles in interactions with staff and external audiences. In particular, the candidate will assist the Senior Technical Director in representing the agency before donors, government representatives, partner agencies, local institutions, and the media.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills& Ability
- Requires Post graduate master’s degree on Development or other Social Sciences and 8 to 10 years’ senior management experience of running country programs, exposure to different countries would be an advantage;
- A very good understanding of at least three of the sectoral programs and a working knowledge of the program priorities;
- Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants (e.g., USAID, CDC/PEPFAR and other donor grants);
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically;
- An in depth understanding of national and international development issues in particular in relation to reproductive health and HIV/AIDS;
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others; Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Commitment to and understanding of CIHP’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Proven track record/abilities to manage large-scale, cross-functional business process improvement strategies, plans, activities and teams
- Expert knowledge of best-practice project management and change management methodologies, tools and techniques
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, as evidenced through previous work experience and results achieved; capable of effective and efficient development, management and tracking of large-scale projects
- Superior partnering skills, exceptionally strong and highly effective working relationships with internal & external partners/stakeholders
- Excellent leadership skills; can manage larger-scale teams, develop individual skills and abilities, while driving teams to meet or exceed targets & goals
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- At least 5 years technical and financial management large, multi-year USG/CDC or equivalent governmental donor assistance programs.
- Demonstrated success leading complex, evolving, large-scale operations, tasks, and teams and working with multiple sectors and stakeholders and achieving programmatic and financial results.
- Proven strategic planner and team leader with strong technical knowledge, conceptual and analytical ability.
Application Closing Date
8th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current CV in Microsoft Word format, alongside their suitability statement in not more than 200 words to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the “Job Title, Location and Applicant Full Name” as the subject of the mail; e.g. COM01 Abuja, ESTHER ISA.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.
|Job Category||NGO / Community Service jobs in Nigeria|