Management Systems International (MSI) – A Tetra Tech Company, is an international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. and founded in 1981 by Marina Fanning and Larry Cooley. In 2016, MSI became a Tetra Tech company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Manager and Analyst, Nigeria Monitoring Project
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is to establish a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) and the Office of Food for Peace (FFP)
- The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism for OFDA and FFP programs in Nigeria that will increase OFDA, FFP, and their partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects
- The information and findings will be critical in ensuring program learning, program accountability, and beneficiary accountability, which will be useful for real time programmatic adjustments and future program design.
- The Data Manager and Analyst will conduct data management and analytical services in support of the project’s monitoring activities providing advice, assistance, and guidance to USAID’s program office, technical teams and implementing partners on issues related to the Mission’s monitoring and evaluation activities for the Abuja and Maiduguri offices
- The Data Manager and Analyst will play a significant role in helping to create and manage the project’s databases and data systems
- The Data Manager and Analyst will also play an integral role in analyzing and presenting the project’s data for use in Third-Party Monitoring reports, studies, and other NMP reporting deliverables
- The position reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) with oversight provided by the Chief of Party (COP).
- Develop data visualization products in conjunction with MSI home office for use in the project’s reports, dashboard and presentations.
- Assist with the creation and management of the project’s relational databases and data systems.
- Conduct data quality assessments (DQAs) and checks to ensure the validity, reliability and integrity of the project’s data.
- Perform data quality control reviews in coordination with local field coordinators (both scheduled and ad hoc) as required.
- Respond to routine and ad hoc data inquiries from USAID and partners.
- Perform analysis of the project’s data using a statistical package, e.g., SPSS in support of the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports, and other project documents as needed.
- Assist in the creation and review of NMP data collection instruments and data collection plans.
- Provide advice to NMP management on data collection, reporting methodologies and instruments to identify any systemic flaws and to support the development of systems that produce consistent, cost-effective, reliable, and timely data and reports.
- Archive project data and reports and other products.
- Assist the DCOP and COP with other duties as required.
- BS / BA Degree in Data Management, Information Technology, Computer Science or a recognized equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional-level experience creating and maintaining relational databases.
- Ability to write SQL queries and familiar with JSON.
- Experience using Data Visualization tools such as PowerBI and QuickSight for use in the preparation of documents and dashboards.
- Experience with M&E and technical/M&E skills.
- Experience using common statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA, R, SAS and power user knowledge of Excel to analyze M&E data.
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to travel to Maiduguri a minimum of 25%.
- The candidate will have strong organizational skills, ability to interact effectively with international and national staff, vendors, subcontractors and clients
- He/she will possess strong English language verbal and written communication and will be a solid team player
- He/she will possess a demonstrated ability to multi-task, be a strategic thinker and operate with genuine dedication to program support.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position.
- Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No phone calls, please.
|Job Category||Manager Jobs|