M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset financing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Insights Associate
Department: Customer Operations
Job type: Full Time
- We’re looking for a Customer Insights Associate to join our Customer Department.
- The customer team at M-KOPA is responsible for ensuring that M-KOPA delivers maximum value to its customers.
- As Customer Insights Associate, you will be responsible for executing a range of customer insights projects.
- You will capture the voice of our customers and agents by unearthing customer issues and needs.
- Your insights will inform business improvement opportunities and innovation.
- This position will report to the Customer Insights Regional Lead. We are hiring for roles in each of our markets of operations: Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, and Ghana. Candidates will be considered only for roles in the market where they are physically located.
To achieve this, you’ll be expected to:
- Conduct research surveys via phone, SMS, or other platforms
- Facilitate focus groups and other field research with customers, agents, or prospective customers on key questions and drive insights on these questions
- Add clarity to problem statements and research questions and identify pain points by gathering customer and agent stories, feedback, and sentiments to help the business better understand and empathize with our customers
- Capture customer data and sentiments accurately and precisely, and communicate them clearly via various mediums, including survey tools, spreadsheets, word documents, PowerPoint, photos, and videos
- Support in the development of solutions for these pain points
- Support in the testing and release of new products, especially through observing our customers in the field
- Support field visit logistics for customer and agent shadowing activities.
You Might Be A Good Fit If You:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Are passionate about our mission of making everyday essentials accessible to everyone
- Are excited to be a champion for our customers in everything you do
- Have experience conducting quantitative or qualitative surveys or other roles that require frequent customer communication
- Have experience with photography, videography, or other mediums for capturing and telling customer stories
- Are excited to conduct field research and embed yourself in operational processes to drive problem identification and solution development
- Willing to work tirelessly to understand the root causes of problems and are more comfortable in the field than they are sitting at a desk
- Are comfortable with survey tools and spreadsheets
- Are a great listener and a clear and precise communicator
- Love fast-moving environments with a sense of urgency to get the job done
- Have emerging markets experience (particularly in East or West Africa).
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package
- Are a collaborative team of smart and ambitious people who are dedicated to serving our customers and agents
- Make magic happen to help the business solve hard problems and always come with solutions when challenges arise
- Are considerate listeners and take the time to deeply understand and seek out ideas from the people around us
- Offer a dynamic environment that fosters talent, collaboration, and growth.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.