AZA Finance is an established provider of currency trading and cross-border payment solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology in our flagship products, AZA can significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and across frontier markets. Our API product provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API while our Web-Based platform is our B2B over-the-counter product that caters to businesses with wholesale currency needs, especially those paying partners and suppliers.
Our partners utilise our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks, mobile money operators and payments aggregators across Africa. Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA is a market-maker in every major African currency. AZA was founded in 2013 and now has offices in Nairobi, Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Kampala and Dakar.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Strategy Analyst
- As the Business Strategy Analyst, your main objective is to help drive executive decisions on key company strategic and operational topics by applying both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies. In this role, you will support senior leaders at AZA and the execution of strategic projects that deliver high-value outcomes to the entire organisation.
- You will actively conduct industry and market research on trends related to FX, payment and FinTech ecosystem, keep track of competitive landscape and changes in customers’ needs, scope out current state of the business, organisational best practices and any other ad-hoc requests that may arise to solve business pain points as we scale up.
- To be successful in this role, you’d need to enjoy spending the majority of your time in solving problems with limited guidance by researching and digging deep into certain topics, to be highly data-driven and creative in sourcing market data when it’s not readily available, to be comfortable changing requirements from time to time and capable in communicating your research findings in an executive-friendly manner.
How your Skills and passion will come to live at AZA:
- Conduct research on a wide range of topics such as (but not limited to) market mapping, competition monitoring, key trends impacting AZA finance, internal business metrics
- Synthesise research and analytical findings concisely and cohesively through written reports, executive-friendly presentations, and detailed quantitative models
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to get necessary data and qualitative information and analyse
- Provide other necessary research and analytical support in executive decision making and overall company strategy formation
- Produce research results with a sense of urgency while collaborate effectively/nicely with various levels of stakeholders in the company
- 4 to 6 years of experience in the capacity of corporate strategy research within the banking, FinTech, investment or consulting sector
- Proven track record in driving strategy research projects successfully
- Critical thinking, paying attention to detail and focus on the bigger picture
- Ability to navigate through ambiguous projects with limited information, and still produce results with minimal supervision
- Enthusiasm and initiative to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong qualitative & quantitative analysis capabilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English language required (fluency in other languages such as French, Spanish or Arabic is desirable).
- Global / regional network / exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- One of the hottest, fastest scaling start-ups in Africa.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work-life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online