The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Procurement Specialist (Maternity Cover)
Reference ID: R2164
Employment Type: Full Time
Main Purpose of Job
- Responsible for procurement of goods and services from initial sourcing through delivery. This involves the process of selecting vendors, negotiation of contracts, forecasting demand, and managing the fulfilment of supply.
- The Corporate Procurement Specialist is responsible for supporting cross-functional teams to achieve cost, delivery and quality metrics, as well as vendor management.
- This position holder will ensure the day-to-day operations to achieve key results in support of the business – flexing resources, optimizing demand and satisfying stakeholder requirements.
- The Corporate Procurement Specialist will work collaboratively across divisions and countries establishing strong relationships with peers, senior leaders and other stakeholders.
- This position will demonstrate the ability to get things done through both formal and informal networks, using diplomacy and tact to gain cooperation and support from others.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience
- Preferred: Certifications in CIPS, ISM, CPM, Lean-Six Sigma Training or certification, etc.
- Required: 5+ years of experience in procurement and operations
- Preferred: Corporate sourcing and procurement Experience
- Preferred: 2+ years INGO experience i.e. U.S. government funded projects, DFID, and others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of global sourcing and procurement strategies, tactics, processes, procedures, and systems.
- Experience in development of policies and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of federal procurement regulations and USAID regulations
- Proficiency with Procurement Systems and Sourcing tools.
- Experience supervising staff
- Negotiation skills
- Capacity building/facilitation skills
- Multi-lingual proficiencies such as English, French, Spanish or other are an added advantage.
- Experience in cross-cultural work environment.
- Adaptable, creative, collaborative and able to think strategically.
- Critical thinking and technical expertise – uses logic and methods to solve complex business problems, seeing hidden problems, decision making effectively under pressure.
- Purpose driven and outcome focused – moving roadblocks, tackling difficult problems and is action oriented.
- Developing and leading talent – coach employees to improve performance, encourage stretch tasks and assignments.
- Thinking digitally – picking up new technical skills and knowledge quickly, gains familiarity and is comfortable using a range of digital collaborative tools.
- Operate as a nimble learner – knowing personal strengths, weaknesses and limits, has a growth mind-set.
- Committed to continuous improvement and willing to develop new skills over time.
- Keen customer focus on internal/external stakeholders
- Impeccable negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and rapport building.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online