The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Procurement Specialist
Job ID: R1067
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full Time
- Responsible for procurement of goods and services from initial sourcing through delivery. This involves the process of selecting vendors, negotiation of contracts, forecasting demand, and managing the fulfilment of supply.
- The Corporate Procurement Specialist is responsible for supporting cross-functional teams to achieve cost, delivery and quality metrics, as well as vendor management.
- This position holder will ensure the day-to-day operations to achieve key results in support of the business – flexing resources, optimizing demand and satisfying stakeholder requirements.
- The Corporate Procurement Specialist will work collaboratively across divisions and countries establishing strong relationships with peers, senior leaders and other stakeholders.
- This position will demonstrate the ability to get things done through both formal and informal networks, using diplomacy and tact to gain cooperation and support from others.
Procurement of Goods and Commercial Services (50%):
- Identify Vendors of goods and services in line with MSH procurement procedures and donor regulations.
- Negotiate terms with vendors such as price, quality of goods, deadlines, expectations etc.
- Liaise with vendors and stakeholders (requestors in divisions and projects) regarding updates and details of specification, quality and price requirements.
- Evaluate and compare goods and services to determine which best meet the organization’s needs.
- Obtain goods at the right cost for the quality required.
- Create Purchase Orders and tally these with Purchase Requests and Orders.
- Work collaboratively with the Accounts Payable team to analyze invoices to ensure accuracy of goods and services delivered.
- Work closely with the project teams to understand details of procurement requirements.
- Provide proactive timely feedback and updates to project teams and division leads on progress of their procurements.
- Organize regular meetings with stakeholders to troubleshoot, resolve technical issues impacting the timely delivery of planned procurement actions.
- Develop training materials, provide coaching and mentoring for staff delegated authority to perform procurement functions.
- Responsible for the procurement of restricted commodities on behalf of country programs.
Logistics Management (30%):
- Regular review of past performance of key freight forwarders ensuring that there is a good number of freight forwarders to support MSH international freight needs.
- Coordinate the flow of goods purchased internationally from the vendor to the end user i.e. country offices. Putting in place effective trackers that ensure teams are kept up to date.
- Coordinate with local procurement teams in the timely preparation of import documentation and authorizations for all air and sea shipments.
- Ensure timely management of carriage for imports and exports.
- Work with Freight forwarders, ensuring the integrity of import and export documentations such as final invoice, MC packing list.
- Verifications of all freight invoices.
Compliance Management (20%):
- Timely review of exceptions between Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders and Receipts.
- Ensure robust documentation of all procurements and updated centralized filing.
- Ensure accuracy of electronic purchase orders, i.e., correct coding in line with the finance procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of Federal Import/Export regulations, Federal Acquisition Regulations and MSH’s compliance with the regulations to coach/train staff and ensure compliance
- Ensure compliance with US Government and MSH policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with procurement regulations and standards.
- Ensure 100% regular clearance verifications performed against all vendors of goods and services in assigned countries
- Ensure business review meetings with project procurement teams to review compliance and implement improvements and best practices.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience
- Preferred: Certifications in CIPS, ISM, CPM, Lean-Six Sigma Training or certification, etc.
- Required: 4+ years of experience in procurement and operations
- Preferred: Corporate sourcing and procurement Experience
- Preferred: 2+ years INGO experience, i.e., U.S. government funded projects, DFID, and others
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of global sourcing and procurement strategies, tactics, processes, procedures, and systems.
- Experience in development of policies and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of federal procurement regulations and USAID regulations
- Proficiency with Procurement Systems and Sourcing tools.
- Experience supervising staff
- Negotiation skills
- Capacity building/facilitation skills
- Multi-lingual proficiencies such as English, French, Spanish or other are an added advantage.
- Experience in cross-cultural work environment
- Adaptable, creative, collaborative and able to think strategically.
- Critical thinking and technical expertise – uses logic and methods to solve complex business problems, seeing hidden problems, decision making effectively under pressure.
- Purpose driven and outcome focused – moving roadblocks, tackling difficult problems and is action oriented.
- Developing and leading talent – coach employees to improve performance, encourage stretch tasks and assignments.
- Thinking digitally – picking up new technical skills and knowledge quickly, gains familiarity and is comfortable using a range of digital collaborative tools.
- Operate as a nimble learner – knowing personal strengths, weaknesses and limits, has a growth mindset.
- Committed to continuous improvement and willing to develop new skills over time.
- Keen customer focus on internal/external Impeccable negotiation and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and rapport building.
- Ability to travel to and work in countries in which MSH operates.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
- MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status.
- In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
|Job Category||Corporate Procurement Specialist|