African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Complex Assistant, CHVP
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50053228
The Hiring Complex
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services. The complex leads efforts to digitalize and transform the Bank into a knowledge-driven workforce, promote human resources policies that enhance talent, drive a performance-driven culture, and ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice. The complex ensures that all Human Resources and Corporate Services are re-aligned to drive greater corporate performance and execution of the Bank’s strategic vision and priorities. The complex is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, General services and institutional procurements, Language Services, Business Continuity and, Health and Safety strategies.
- The Vice-President, Human Resources and Corporate Services’ front office is staffed by 5 staff including the Assistant to the Vice President, Human Resources and Corporate Services. The front office staff members are in charge of advising and assisting the Vice President in the coordination of the work program and resources of the complex.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general guidance and overall supervision of the Vice-President, the Complex Assistant will perform the following:
- Devise and maintain office systems to deal efficiently with paper flow; organize and store paperwork, documents and computer-based information;
- Track and follow up on documents: deal with incoming email, faxes, post and correspondence;
- Distribute relevant documents/ papers from the Vice President’s office and maintain a follow up system as required.
- Develop efficient and effective systems and routines for the administration of the VP’s office including routines for proper receipt and follow up of memorandums, correspondence to ensure timely responses, efficient telephone system, and management of the VP’s briefing and mission files.
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Business Management, Commerce, Administration or related discipline;
- Training in report writing/administration/office management is advantageous;
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant and practical experience, in an executive office in a support function;
- Experience in supporting operations of international organizations is preferable;
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage;
- Innovation and creativity;
- Problem solving;
- Client orientation;
- Team working and relationships;
- Operational effectiveness;
- Inter-cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressure and to prioritize in the dynamic setting of an international and multicultural setting;
- Skills in handling internal and external requests efficiently;
- Excellent sense of initiative, confidentiality, enthusiasm, and team spirit;
- Organization – Time, Space and Task Skills;
- Broad knowledge of Business Concepts;
- Good knowledge of Administration and Office Support Services including Systems and Procedures;
- Proficiency in use of standard office equipment e.g., Computer, fax, photocopier, scanner, etc.;
- Advanced proficiency to quickly adapt to new technology by acquiring required skills;
- Ability to deploy sound judgment and make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction;
- Ability to deploy knowledge, skills and abilities to work effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance;
Application Closing Date
29th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Banking / Insurance Jobs|