CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Complaints & Feedback Mechanism (CFM) Assistant
Location: Yobe (Karasuwa and Yusufari)
Employment Category: Contract
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting to: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & LearningOfficer
- Under the Supervision of the MEAL Officer, the CFM Assistant is responsible for ensuring mechanisms are in place in all CARE Project sites to strengthen the quality and accountability of the emergency program especially in regards to information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response mechanism.
- The CFM assistant is also responsible for the provision of support to Food Security project to strengthen Food security activities in the field in accordance with CARE principles and ensures field activities are executed in an efficient manner. Support conducting of Protection Monitoring/ risk assessments/ rapid protection assessments, conduct referrals (including establishing referral pathways), following up of cases, identification of protection cases, weekly work planning, ensuring awareness on CFM, collection of complaints, documenting of the complaints in adherence to WFP and systems, feedback to communities and train on CFM, protection principles to CNMs and food committees.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- To assist the M&E Officer in working with programme staffs and beneficiaries to develop structure and methods for managing the complaints and feedback in the field as well as maintaining the integrity of information received.
- This role will also involve management of CRM database by ensuring proper documentation and aggregation of CRM data including complaints received, investigated and responded to as well as providing detailed summaries of complaints issues to feedback to the program team during monthly and quarterly meetings/reports.
- The post holder with support from the M&E Officer will ensure the collection of quality complain and feedback across the response.
- The post holder will interface and support programme team members, support programme coordination and policy engagement.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organizational skills along with the ability to analyze and communicate complex CRM system.
- Assist in programme updates for the response management and internal information sharing
- Assist Protection Officer with data collection processes if needed
- Conduct field monitoring visits (including the use of the Quality benchmark/monitoring checklist) and facilitating focus group discussions
- Assist with implementation of programme evaluations (data collection)
- Support MEAL in conducting assessments as needed
- Assist in handling, documenting, confidentiality and security of all informational resource related to feedback and complaints from beneficiaries
- Support Complaints and Feedback Mechanism, including communicating responses to complainants; liaise with programmes and operations to ensure prompt follow-up on feedback and complaints received
- Support on-going monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of projects in reporting routine monitoring data against performance monitoring plans and frameworks
- Work with field teams to collect information on potential case studies and success stories
- Other duties as directed.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- B.Sc / HND / ND in Management, Social Research, and Development Studies or a related field or comparable addition to experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 1 years proven experience in accountability especially feedback mechanisms concepts and international humanitarian quality standards.
- Previous experience of working with NGOs.
- Experience in implementation of accountability and complaints reporting mechanisms in Nigeria.
- Experience in developing and/or managing complaints reporting mechanisms for food and cash transfer programs.
- Understand key concepts and commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP), including Strong understanding of HAP, Do No Harm and other relevant global standards.
- Ethical, focused on treating complainants/ community fairly and culturally sensitive.
- Innovative and solutions-oriented.
- Building collaborative relationships with beneficiaries and the community.
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Sound analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing.
- Proficiency in English, Hausa and Kanuri languages both spoken and written.
- Understanding of monitoring processes, learning, adaptation and evaluation
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
6th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- WOMEN are strongly encourage to apply.
|Job Category||Complaints & Feedback Mechanism (CFM) Assistant|