Westfield Consulting Limited – Founded in January 2012, by a team of forward thinking Nigerians with over 40 years of cumulative work experience in management and consultancy, Westfield Consulting is a provider of Human Resource and Strategic Management Services. Our innovativeness and excellence in service delivery has made us a first choice to our growing clientele in various sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Coating Inspector (Protective & Marine Coating)
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Technical Sales and Services
Product Segment: Marine & Protective Coating
Functionally Reports to (FRT): General Manager (Performance Coating)
Administratively Reports to (ART): Business Director
- Coating inspector role is to laise with customer and ship yard or contractor executing the job. Adhere to technical specification and advise on coating methods, if necessary train applicator on paint mixing and application methods.
- Work closely with dock yard to get lead on upcoming docking plan and report. Get market information on new protective projects well on time and report. Inspect vessels or assets on request by client and submit necessary report.
- This job description is only a directive to facilitate and to bring clarity of your role and expectation of the Management out of it.
- You may also be assigned jobs other than this as and when need arise. Also management can make changes in the Job Description as per the need of the business and time and the same will be communicated to you through appropriate medium.
- At any point of time if you feel that your job description is not relevant to the job you are performing please feel free to approach your RA / HR and we will take the necessary action accordingly.
- Any approach of taking excuse from a necessary job by saying that it is not mentioned in the description will be consider as violation of your professional conduct and may be treated as indiscipline.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Duties include the following, measurable in terms of time, cost, quality or quantity.
- Day to Day Management – Inspect and advise contractors/customers on marine vessel dry docking specification. Work closely with Yard/contractor/applicator and customers to arrive at acceptable standards for surface preparation and paint application methods. Issue NC report in case of deviation. Submit daily report on work progress and comprehensive report on completion of the project.
- Close coordination with protective coatings project managers and applicators to accept and adhere to surface preparation standards and application methods. Inspect and ensure that standards are adopted.
- Estimate surface area and paint requirement using appropriate coating specification.
- Sales Growth – Develop relationship with dock yards to get their docking plan well in advance and report. Identify and meet customers to get market information on new protective coating projects and report.
- Customer Relationship – To develop good customer base, manage customer relations, facilitate business managers/sales head to organize various business meets/seminars to boost customer intimacy.
- Report- Prepare and submit various reports on time like Daily coating activity report, Short visit report (inspection report). Comprehensive dry dock report and Protective coating report immediately after completion of project.
- Training – Identify and train contractors/applicators on acceptable surface preparation standards, paint mixing and application methods. Trouble shoot on application methods and educate applicators on appropriate coating methods
- Well versed to surface preparation and application methods for Oil & Gas Industry in Nigeria. Good exposure on marine vessel dry docking and on board maintenance procedure.
- BE / B.Tech / Bachelor / Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Paint or Chemicals. NACE Level 1 or 2 will be additional qualification who would be given preference.
- Minimum of 02 + Yrs. of Experience in servicing the marine and Oil & Gas industry with experience in managing the Corrosion Protection & providing Technical service to the Marine /Asset Protection in the Oil & Gas sector. Good knowledge about the various coatings their specifications, application etc.
- Excessive travelling is required in and around Nigeria/West Africa.
- As per the need of the business the job is transferrable and posting can be made anywhere in Nigeria/West Africa.
- A few years of experience in the development of Marine & Corrosion Protection coatings for this sector will be an additional advantage.
Application Closing Date
13th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.