Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Health and Immunisation Specialist – INSPIRING
Job ID: 200001VP
Location: Lagos State
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Reporting to: Project Manager
- Level 3. The responsibilities of this post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children and young people. In the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3.
- As part of these responsibilities the post holder will support the establishment of child safeguarding systems, promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis.
- The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- The Child Health Advisor provides overall leadership and oversight for the programmatic, technical and research aspects of the programme.
- S / he will oversees the day-to-day implementation of the programme and will be accountable for the quality of interventions and for the capacity building of health workers at state and LGA level.
- S / he will be also responsible for ensuring the provision of high quality technical assistance by in-country and UK based technical advisers and external consultants (if appropriate).
- S / he will support the State Programme Manager to ensure that planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation as well as donor reporting functions are executed efficiently and effectively so that the project achieves its purposes and outputs.
- S / he develops and promotes widespread application of evidence-based program standards and guidance that reflect Save the Children and global best practice
Key Areas of Accountability
- Provides advanced technical expertise and oversight to ensure programs are of high quality and develops new state of the art approaches
- Coordinates in-country and UK based technical advisers and external consultants (if appropriate).
- Supports the COP and State Programme Manager in the development of high quality programming, annual plans and budgeting processes for the programme, as and when necessary.
- Plays significant role in strategic thinking and leadership in advancing child health programs.
- Support the implementation of evidence based child health interventions including the GAPPD, IMCI, ICCM, REW approach and so on
- Ensure the implementation of key family and community practices with special emphasis on IYCF, WASH (soft part of the programme), care seeking behavior, and immunization.
- Establish necessary community infrastructure to support the implementation of the child health activities
- Support the government in the MNCH weeks and other important child health events
- Strengthening relevant health systems for effective delivery of the pneumonia related interventions
- Actively contribute to the process of learning, evaluation, capturing and disseminating lessons from the programme for continuous improvement of programme performance and overall outcome
- Work closely with the programme team to ensure that other technical sectors are coordinated, integrated and support each other to optimise the project purposes and objectives.
- Prepare quality quarterly and annual reports and timely submission of deliverables.
- Any other duty assigned by the Chief of Party
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Health is required; a health professional (MD or nurse) with clinical training skills (pre-service and / or service clinical training) preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience implementing and delivering technical assistance to maternal, newborn and child health programs in developing country settings.
- Demonstrated expertise in program development and management child survival and strong experience in PHC and IMCI / ICCM program design and implementation required; must have experience facilitating clinical training, supportive supervision.
- Conversant with evidence based child health approaches such as the ICCM, IMCI, GAPPD, etc
- Ability to lead and produce project proposals, implementation plans, monitoring frameworks, and write succinct reports on program success; excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel 35-40% of time
Application Closing Date
1st April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical Jobs|