Government College Umuahia is a boarding school for boys aged between 10 and 17. A world-class residential all boys secondary school located on Ikot-Ekpene Road, Umuahia in Abia State, which offers a combination of British and Nigerian curricula.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
Location: Umuahia, Abia
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Chief Security Officer (CSO) is the executive in charge of the management of security of the school environment and is primarily responsible for the security of the premises of Government College Umuahia and all the assets within the building, access to facilities, and the surveillance equipment.
- Develop and implement strategic security protocols and procedures.
- Provide strategic vision and direction in security aspects of the school environment.
- Develop policies and protocols for securing and protecting sensitive information.
- Hire and recruit the best talent in building up the security of an organization.
- Coordinate cross team functional in maintaining vigilance and security of GCU.
- Develop logistics to protect intellectual property, copyrights and other related risks.
- Utilize information technology to protect electronic information resources.
- Initiate safety measures to protect the lives of all stakeholders within the school unit.
- Able to review and enhance policies and procedures to ensure safety of the work environment.
- Anticipation of future and task is critical for a security manager.
- Must possess relevant network to obtain necessary information.
- Deep and broad knowledge on safety and security with relevant experience.
- Must be a resourceful person to manage a complex situation.
Qualifications & Skills Preferred
- At least 3 years of experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or specialized certifications and training in site management
- Proven experience as security manager or similar position, experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV), experience in reporting and emergency response planning, excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures, working knowledge of MS Office, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills; multi-tasking skills; organizational and planning skills; leadership skills; flexible scheduling.
Application Closing Date
20th July, 2021.
|Job Category||Chief Security Officer-CSO|