Posted 2 months ago
4 Quarters Consultants – Our client, a well-know construction company based in Lagos, Nigeria, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Quantity Surveyor
- To successfully manage all contract bidding process and the pre contract QS team, to ensure all bidding projects remains on budget, identify areas of cost overruns and/or savings and minimize effect at early stage.
- Serve as an interface between the potential clients and the company liaise with the Commercial Manager to ensure all Request for pre-contract manual Prequalification and Expression of Interest are timely attended to.
- Present any Invitation to Tender to the General Manager for Management’s decision.
- Allocate the available tenders on ground to the departmental personnel to work on.
- Release from time to time the list of tenders being worked on and the submitted tenders for management’s action and necessary follow up.
- Update the rates for bill items according to the market trends
- Collect from time to time from procurement department and vendors, the current market updates of various construction items.
- Be actively involved in the tendering process; pricing of bill, collection of quotations from vendors etc.
- Ensure a thorough check on the works done by other member of the team before they are passed to the General Manager for further checking.
- When a project is eventually awarded to the company; collate all the documents like the Contract drawings, the contract Bill of Quantities, the Quotations of the vendors used in pricing the bill, the
- Contract Conditions, the award letter and all other necessary documents in hard and soft copies, hands over same to the Post-Contract Unit for Post-Contract Management.
- Cascade and align organizational goals with departmental direction.
- Responsibility for driving the team’s welfare, development and team exposure in close collaboration with HR.
- Liaising with existing staff members, managers, supervisors, and clients in order to achieve set goals.
- Observing, analyzing, and offering suggestions on current departmental operations.
- Assisting with recruitment, training, and onboarding processes for new hires within the department.
- Establishing professional relationships with clients, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring all health and safety, as well as company regulations are followed by your team at all times.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- Master’s, BSc / HND / Quantity Survey+ MNIQS
- Active involvement in a leadership capacity within your professional network or professional body
- 15 Year Post graduation experience
- Have put a minimum of 45 tenders together from start to finish in an excellent manner
- Applicants must be fluent in French.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.