Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
Head Finance for the business:
- Overall responsibility of the Finance function (review financial statements, monthly MIS, Group reporting) and audits (internal, statutory).
- Financial evaluation of projects and post implementation review of the projects
- Monitoring and evaluating business processes; suggesting and implementing changes to bring in control, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Involvement in operational functioning pertaining to procurement negotiations and cost savings.
- Reviewing the work of the finance manager / second line if any and ensuring the procedures are adhered to.
Strategic Business Planning:
- Maintaining repository of data and information to support business processes
- Overseeing the implementation/maintenance of ERP system.
- Risk management.
Planning & Budgeting:
- Anchor the annual budgeting exercise and ensure that the business units have a sound rationale/ basis for the budgets
- Ensure maintenance and reporting P & L for the unit on a monthly basis
- Preparing Rolling Estimates for remaining year for all regions and reporting the same to HO.
- Preparing brand contributions, day sales inventory calculation.
- Monthly Management reporting with detailed analysis of sales & profit along with comparison with prior Rolling Estimate, Annual Operating Plan & Previous Year.
Accounting & Statutory Compliances:
- Timely preparation of annual/monthly reports ensuring analysis of the performances on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring compliance to all applicable statutory and legal requirements for the assigned geography.
- Planning and managing internal/statutory/tax audits.
- Periodic compilation of a comprehensive checklist for audit and risk management.
- Contributing to better corporate governance by identifying internal control weaknesses and implementing better controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
- MBA from Top Business School Preferred.
- Must have a strong profile with experience from one of the biggest food distribution / ecommerce companies in Africa.
- Knowledge of SAP/Microsoft Dynamics/ERP Accounting Systems will be desirable
- Experience in an environment growing from $50MM in revenue to $200MM in revenue and experience in scaling business in Africa.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online