Paykobo.com is a leading e-commerce retailer that is into manufacturing, marketing and sales of data card and sales of wide ranges of technology products. Also, helps customers with sourcing technology requirements from all over the world.
We are on a mission to enable companies, enterprises, government agencies and international organisations with the technology infrastructure and solutions they need to improve productivity and run efficiently. At Paykobo.com, we aim to always provide value to our customers at unbeatable prices (yes, we can match any other price in the market!).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Category Officer (Internship)
Department: Supply Chain Management
Reports to: You report to a Supervisor
Supervises: You do not supervise any talent
- You manage a category of products and will be responsible for expanding product types for those product categories.
- You are responsible for gathering the product information required for the procurement team to make informed decisions on purchases and stocking.
- You are also responsible for setting product prices based on the company’s pricing policy.
Key Tasks 1- Category Expansion & Management:
- Research potential vendors and suppliers and onboard them
- Compare, evaluate and document prices from suppliers
- Maintain relationships with suppliers and vendors
- Report and escalate vendor issues to ensure the highest level of service delivery
- Research and suggest product categories and product types for the company to stock based on present and future demand
- Maintain contractual and business relationships with vendors.
- Facilitate implementation of procurement change initiatives within category to improve business performance.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of relevant global supply markets, competitors and product innovations.
- Assist other departments by providing relevant product information
- Within the Office: Supply Chain Management & IT Solutions
- Outside the Office: Vendors, Suppliers & Customers
- The post holder will have the necessary authority required to carry out their responsibilities.
- Degree (OND, HND or Bachelor’s)
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office tools especially Microsoft Excel
Person Specifications and Required Skills:
- The successful post holder must be able to demonstrate appropriate skills and experience which will enable him/her to deliver against the main purpose and key responsibilities of the role.
The ideal candidate needs:
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in Technologies, the Internet and Applications
- Willingness to learn our products inside and out and help our customers drive business outcomes
- Customer centric
- Ability to exercise initiative and confidence to start things from the scratch
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Time management skills
- Forward looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Good Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Research Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving instincts
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Collaboration and Team working
- Result oriented
- Learning and Growth Mindset
- Ability to work independently as well as inter-dependently
We know our people are one of the most important factors for our success, so we reward you with benefits that work for you, your lifestyle and your career. Our benefits include:
- Performance-related bonus
- Flexible work environment
- Commitment to your career growth through first-in-class training, resources and assistance for relevant certifications
- Clear career path
Application Closing Date