Seplat Energy Plc is a leading indigenous Nigerian oil and gas exploration and production company with a strategic focus on Nigeria, listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange (“LSE”) (LSE:SEPL) and Premium Board of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (“NSE”) (NSE:SEPLAT).
Seplat Energy is pursuing a Nigeria focused growth strategy and is well-positioned to participate in future divestment programmes by the international oil companies, farm-in opportunities and future licensing rounds. We are leading Nigeria’s energy transition towards cleaner, more reliable energy that is accessible to all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Systems Junior Analyst (SUN, EAM & Asset Management)
Employment Type: Full-time
Overall Purpose of the Job
- This role oversees the full business suite for EAM (procurement, Finance, asset management, maintenance and support, and all associated software including Ming. le, ION Pulse, ION Activity Desk, Federation Services, and Unity.)
- Regular activities include deployment, management, and administration of this system to all users across the entire organization to handle day-to-day business processes within SEPLAT.
- The role is also responsible for the day-to-day enhancement of work processes across the application.
- Provision of 24/7 application support to all users of the Business Systems. Key functions of the role will include deployment of the applications, creation of users, user password resets, re-routing of Approval Tasks, maintenance & update of the approval workflows, and general troubleshooting of system errors, and daily updates of the system as required.
- Maintain and update all Procurement & Finance reference data in the EAM systems and other related systems where necessary including the creation of new Suppliers, organizations, Stores, Parts, Problem Codes and Priority Codes. Regular clean-up of the system to ensure that all closed Entities are not being used in daily transactions.
- Document detailed business requirements, business rules, functional requirements, and change requests and communicate same to the system support consultants.
- Testing of all new developments and fixes made to the Business Systems to ensure they are without bugs.
- Perform data analysis, develop complex queries, and assist other divisional data analysts to support data-driven decision-making.
- Maintain and generate all reports required by Users and Managers and coordinate the development of new reports as at when required.
- Provision of user training for all Business Systems, for new and existing users across all Seplat departments as applicable.
- Maintain and update all user training documentation for all Business Systems and develop new training materials where there are changes to the existing system configuration.
- Participate in system and process reviews and identify opportunities for significant enhancements in operational efficiency, overall effectiveness, and identifiable benefits to the organization.
- Liaise with Seplat Business Unit Heads, solution providers, and external vendors on all matters that may impact the operation of the Business Systems.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Supervise the Business Systems Analyst – Asset Maintenance when required.
Job Context and Challenges:
- The role is quite diverse and requires a flexible approach and an understanding of how to prioritize tasks. The job holder may be required to work on multiple system projects, provide day-to-day support, and train users all at the same time.
- several different applications comprise the Infor EAM software solution including ION Pulse, ION Activity Desk, and Ming.le, Federation Services, Unity, and Infor EAM. A basic understanding of Finance, SCM, CMMS, and IT principles is a prerequisite for this role.
- It is also necessary to have good interpersonal skills as the job holder will be required to liaise with staff at all different levels of the organization.
- The support role is potentially 24/7 so the job holder must be willing to work late hours and/or weekends to meet project and month-end deadlines.
- Ability to remain flexible to meet constantly changing and sometimes opposing demands by different stakeholders.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications
- First Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Management Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, Economics or another related area.
- Approximately 6 years’ experience within IT or/and Finance preferably in the Oil and gas (E&P) industry.
- Excellent IT skills with a good understanding of financial processes, systems, and reporting
- Experience working on business intelligence/data warehousing and reporting systems
- Professional qualifications in related fields will be an added advantage
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online