Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Business and Quality Specialist, Data.FI
Requisition ID: req12851
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”.
- We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse.
- All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
You and Your Career:
- If you are a problem-solver, collaborator, and doer, and you have expertise in health informatics, M&E, data analytics, visualization and data use, we are interested in hearing from you.
- We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career.
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response.
- Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. By improving global, regional, national, and community / local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- Data.FI Nigeria is seeking for a skilled Business and Quality Specialist (BQS) to join the Health Informatics team to ensure the final product satisfies business objectives and user expectations.
- S/he will be a bridge between the client’s business needs and the technical capabilities of our team and will be responsible for gathering information, documenting processes, and confirming the final documents with users.
- The BQS will also coordinate the process for analyzing software programs.
- This process will involve creating and implementing testing methods, recording the test results, and providing recommendations to improve software programs based on the result.
- He/she will be responsible for evaluating software functions and designing test protocols to ensure that products work as intended.
- He/she will be responsible for completing all testing procedures, suggest performance changes, and preparing performance reports.
- He/she will be responsible for interfacing with end users to ascertain areas of improvement and evaluate technical infrastructure for security issues and automation solutions.
- The Business and Quality Specialist will report to the Health Informatics Lead.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine and develop user requirements for project supported solutions
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and support development and implementation of solutions
- Develop and successfully deliver stakeholder engagement plans to support Business and Quality Assurance
- Manage stakeholder mapping and communications including managing the Health Informatics Community of – Practice (HI- CoP) website and helpdesk/issue tracking platforms
- Identify bugs, issues, and new requirements on the HI-CoP helpdesk platform, classify and escalate to the technical lead
- Work with the HI Lead in managing and facilitating the HI-CoP meetings and forums
- Develop test plans and procedures and make sure that user requirements are met
- Design manual and automated test procedures to evaluate each software product
- Implement software evaluation test programs
- Conduct testing and liaise with the technical lead to validate resolved issues
- Be responsible for general technical documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field
- Minimum 2 years Work experience in business analysis, quality assurance and stakeholder management
- Good analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Good stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Knowledge of program testing software
- Good knowledge of debugging codes and software development languages
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Ability to collate data and compile test reports
- Ability to work with software testing procedures
- Ability to coordinate and balance priorities of multiple projects and deliverables
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online