Babban Gona Agricultural Franchise is a financially sustainable, high impact and highly scalable social enterprise, which is part-owned by the farmers it serves. Babban Gona is an innovative model designed to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job-creation engine. Through this agricultural franchise, Babban Gona offers a suite of services to smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Associate, Backend Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports To: Head, Enterprise Systems Engineering.
- Your primary focus will be the development of software applications and their integration with back-end services.
- You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Design, build and maintain software applications
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Build security structures
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Design server scripts and APIs
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Design operational and information support systems in collaboration with fellow engineers and developers.
- Other responsibilities and tasks required to support organizational goals and objectives.
- Proven Experience in Software Quality Assurance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or other subject matter area with equivalent IT experience
- 0-2 years of professional experience in software development
- Proven knowledge and hands-on experience of modern technology stack
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data to derive business insights
- Knowledge of Node.js and any Node frameworks available and basic understanding of databases such as Mysql (No-sql databases such as Mongodb is a plus)
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- A natural knack for collaboratively crafting solutions with users and colleagues.
- Understanding basic design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- The ability to absorb information. You love getting into the weeds technically, but don’t let that distract you from achieving your end goals.
- You are a systems thinker and critical thinker, with experience solving problems at their root cause.
- Ability to provide support to; and collaborate with internal units and external groups to achieve business objectives.
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Annual paid vacation
- Group Life Insurance.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online