Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
The Spanish Section of Medecins Sans Frontieres is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Anaesthetist Nurse
Job Code: MS02500
Contract Period: 6 months (With possibility of extension)
Contract: 208 working hours per month
- Performing all anaesthetic medical activities according to MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards, in order to ensure the quality of treatment, during and post-operative care of patients.
- Performing consultations to patients due for surgery, evaluating of the risks of operating (in collaboration with the surgeon), obtaining patient’s written authorization for their operation, providing patients with appropriate information on their illness and treatments, and deciding on what type of anaesthetics to be used.
- According to set procedures, carrying out all nursing anaesthetics related activities during surgery in order to collaborate in patient’s adequate anaesthetized state and safety during the process.
- Providing post-operative care, including immediate post-operative surveillance in the recovery room and special patients present in the intensive care unit, in order to adapt the prescriptions, with special focus on patient’s pain relief, during the stabilization and recovery process.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Carrying out all pharmacy related activities (stock control, station’s re-stocking, inventories, expired drugs, etc.) and other equipment of anaesthetic ward, doing special follow-up of narcotics and sedatives (register, consumptions, empty phials, etc.).
- In collaboration with the Surgeon Doctor, carrying out quantitative surgical-anaesthesia data collection, drawing up and sending out reports for the monthly follow up of peri-surgical mortality and for the quality of anaesthesia/pain management and informing the direct supervisor immediately in the event of medical error.
- Carry out aneathetic assessment and evaluations prior to surgical procedures to evaluate the surgical risks and confirm status before administration of anesthesia.
- In collaboration with the surgeon, OT team members and other medical staffs, carry out post-operative clinical care and ward rounds to ensure compliance with MSF protocols and rational use of medicines.
- Ensure informed consent is received before procedures and in case of disease complexities patients shoud be informed of the risks.
- Work in collaboration with the MOH anesthetic technician, support and conduct formal and on-the-job trainings to build capacity on identified gaps.
- Review monthly data and analyze clinical trends and comment on adverse events / poor clinical outcome.
- In collaboration with the activity managers, carry on theoretical and bedside training according to the gaps identified by managers particularly on resuscitation procedures, post-operative care etc.
- Desirable: Diploma in Nursing with specialization as Anaesthetics Nurse
- Essential: Must have 1-2 years experience as Anaesthetist Nurse
- Essential: Experience with MSF or other International NGOs in Developing countries, experience working in an international environment.
- Essential: Computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet)
- Mission language essential.
Gross Monthly Salary
According to MSF National Salary Scale
Application Closing Date
6th Februay, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: MSF Encourages Women and People with Disabilities to Apply