The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is a non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training, and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening.
We are recruiting suitable candidates for a comprehensive HIV Care and Treatment award in the position below:
Job Title: Advisor, Laboratory Services
Position ID: HSS003
Report to: Senior Technical Advisor.
- The Lab Advisor will provide technical support in the execution and monitoring of laboratory activities in health facilities.
- He / she will provide support to laboratory specialists/ officersto ensure program activities are planned and executed with quality, accountability, fidelity, and measurable impact.
- Provide technical assistance and make recommendations to ACE programs to improve quality, access, and utilization of HIV diagnostic services with a focus on quality assurance and proficiency testing, Viral load and Early Infant Diagnosis cascade, sample referral and result return systems, recency testing implementation, GeneXpert utilization for HIV/TB, laboratory-clinical interface, laboratory operations, laboratory quality management systems and accreditation.
- Track and triage laboratory program activities, laboratory operations, performance, action items, and follow-up; this includes routing information and tasks appropriately following the established chain of communication.
- Support development, review, timely submission, and tracking of laboratory work plans, budgets, and expenditure reports.
- Assess the technical quality and fidelity of implementation of laboratory activities in field programs by conducting site visits and reviewing programmatic data.
- Build capacity of laboratory specialist to monitor program performance, analyze and interpret program data routinely including review of facility-level data to identify gaps, develop data-driven solutions and SOPs to ensure CCCRN meets PEPFAR program targets.
- Create a platform for collaboration and sharing of best practices across programs and with other technical areas where relevant.
- Maintain knowledge of evolving public health laboratory technical standards, guidelines, and program requirements including national and international guidelines/recommendations for HIV care, treatment, and diagnosis.
- Support the development, review, and delivery of presentations, tools, reports, protocols, abstracts, manuscripts, and other documents deemed essential.
- Represent CCCRN at meetings, conferences, and workshops as directed and approved.
- Participate in the planning and coordination of program calls, annual laboratory-clinical meetings, or any other approved technical meetings.
- Work towards developing technical expertise and ownership of a selection of programmatic areas within the laboratory services portfolio.
- Perform tasks as assigned to support the execution of ACE PEPFAR laboratory program strategies and initiatives.
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS)
- Postgraduate laboratory degree or MPH is required.
- Prior Work Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar capacity is required.
Application Closing Date
14th March, 2022 (Midnight).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- Candidates are encouraged to click on the link above, complete the form and submit their CV / Resume and cover letter.
- Please indicate the location from the options in the drop-down on the form.