Management Systems International (MSI) – A Tetra Tech Company, is an international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. and founded in 1981 by Marina Fanning and Larry Cooley. In 2016, MSI became a Tetra Tech company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative and Operations Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Local Staff
Job Classification: Project
- The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is to establish a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) and the Office of Food for Peace (FFP).
- The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism for OFDA and FFP programs in Nigeria that will increase OFDA, FFP, and their partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects. The information and findings will be critical in ensuring program learning, program accountability, and beneficiary accountability, which will be useful for real time programmatic adjustments and future program design.
- The Administrative and Operations Officer will report directly to the Finance and Administrative Manager.
- The Administrative and Operations Officer will undertake tasks under Office Operations and will work closely with the Logistics Specialist and IT Manager.
- S/he will promptly and effectively provide all required support to the program in a timely, compliant and transparent manner.
- Organize and archive information, as needed, related to project function and administration.
- Perform errands in support of assigned projects, such as banking, post office deliveries or pickups, project purchases, local and distant staff travel or other miscellaneous tasks.
- Perform follow-up calls to provide confirmation of receipt of official correspondence, reservations, and other communications.
- Support procurement actions for office supplies and materials and ensure of an adequate supply of office materials (paper, toner, stationary, cleaning substances, toiletries etc.) for the day-to-day running of the office.
- Welcome and attend to all office guests and answer the office telephone.
- Provide operational support (car hire, airport transfers, pickup/drop-off arrangements and assignment of communication tools) to HQ staff and other consultants visiting the country.
- Assist in organizing events and corporate hospitality functions, using time and resources management skills to achieve smooth implementation.
- Process payments by generating goods received notes for all office/operational activities, services rendered and completed by vendor.
- Assist staff with postal/shipping requirements.
- Keep records of incoming and out-going call/visitor’s logs and ensure proper coordination with guards at all times while ensuring security directives/office policy are followed as regarding accessing the NMP Office building/workspace.
- Assist in management of office premises and facilities.
- Maintain up-to-date record of all rent, service and utility contracts for the office and administer prompt payment of rents, service and utility bills.
- Support NMP IT staff in the installation and troubleshooting of IT-related issues (e.g. computers, phones, internet dongles/modems, printers, printer toners/cartridges, photocopiers, toner cartridges, etc.
- Monitor printer cartridge usage and other consumables for all the printers in NMP offices.
- Identify and solve possible problems in the network and internet connectivity with the support of IT Manager.
- University Degree / HND in relevant subject.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Administrative and IT Operations/Management.
- Strong English speaking and writing capabilities preferred.
- Ability to implement and manage tasks proactively without waiting for instructions.
- Excellent Knowledge of Abuja roads.
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization, and organizational skills required.
- High degree of maturity and ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners and vendors.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position.
|Job Category||Administrative Officer|