Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient- centred environment. We are located in the heart of Nigeria – Abuja, with branches in Lagos, and Anambra state. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ADHD Psychologist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, doctors, other psychologists, nurses, and others in the management of clients with ADHD
- Provide special counseling and / or psycho-educational interventions for children and adults living with ADHD and co-morbid mental illnesses
- Help clients and families of people with ADHD gain knowledge on effective coping techniques in managing the difficulties associated with ADHD
- Provide clinical assessment, individual and group counselling for clients with ADHD
- Designs and implement effective outreach programming, including groups, presentations, training and workshops on ADHD to relevant prospects and stakeholders.
- Participates in research projects on ADHD as needed
- Be involved in designing and implementing strategies for the ADHD service
- Participate in staff meetings and clinical conferences and ongoing professional development activities; maintain timely and appropriate clinical records.
- To attend appropriate strategic and operational meetings as delegated
- To participate in Personal and Professional Development. To be responsible for own personal and professional development to actively participate in identifying training needs and to be willing to undertake training where a need has been identified and agreed with the Clinical Director and / or CEO to manage to ensure that an effective service is provided.
- Provide specialist counselling and / or psycho-educational interventions for children and adults living with ADHD and co-morbid mental illnesses
- Ensure and maintain user and service confidentiality whilst maintaining accurate client notes, files and records and make the information readily available for review.
- To disseminate and share the learning from the service through internal presentations and published reports
- To contribute to the development and implementation of quality standards within the ADHD Service. And to promote and work within the values of the ADHD service effectively contributing to its objectives.
- To be able to work flexibly including evenings and weekends, as required.
- Work under the supervision of the Clinical Director.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Clinical Director that may reasonably fall within the scope of the post.
- Masters in Clinical Psychology from a recognized University, including a supervised internship, and training in individual counseling and psychotherapy, group counseling approaches, and outreach programming.
- Experience in providing assessment and treatment for one or more of the following: Substance Abuse, Learning Disabilities, and ADHD, Autism.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to build good relationships with stakeholders for the benefit of service users and the promotion and development of the ADHD service
- Ability to demonstrate good emotional stability under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries in the workplace
- Ability to recognize own personal limits of expertise and to seek advice / support as needed
- Ability to adapt to change and undertake self-development and training
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Computer literate – ability to be able to use computerized systems including Microsoft Word,
- PowerPoint, and email
- Ability to be able to report write and deliver presentations excellent organizational, communication, and human relations skills.
- Knowledge of and adherence to ethical standards.
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2022.
Method of Applicaion
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and copies of the certificates to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.