Zipline – Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and life-saving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
About You and The Role
- This role reports to the Head of Finance and has the option to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Accounting at Zipline is responsible for building a world-class global financial system that enables our mission.
- We have operations in Rwanda, Ghana, Nigeria today and are growing rapidly across the continent.
- You will help develop efficient and scalable processes to ensure the business has accurate, timely, and compliant financials. Above all, your work supports the company to achieve unit economics and ensures we have a sustainable and affordable solution for Africa.
What You’II Do
- Own all day-to-day accounting operations including: billing, cash collection, vendor payment, bank and credit card reconciliation, cash reconciliation, mobile money reconciliation, review of employee expense reimbursement and more.
- Coordination and preparation of financial statements, including P&L, Balance Sheet, and statement of cash flows
- Own month end closing for their respective countries and establish key processes to ensure financials accurately reflect business activity
- Partner regularly with various teams, including General Manager, Country Leadership, and Global Finance Team, to support data driven decision-making
- Support in the design and implementation of controls, processes, and policies
- Support in tax, audit, and other compliance activities
- Assist in other ad-hoc project as needed
What You’ll Bring
- Strong internal and external customer service instincts.
- Accounting degree and is ACA qualified (ACCA is a plus) with a preference of 5+ years of experience navigating multinational financial systems and processes (bonus if you have past experience with Netsuite)
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS and GAAP.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills stakeholders in various time-zones and departments
- Industry experiences in FMCG, Fintech or Agritech company is a big plus
- Must be eligible to work in Nigeria
What Else You Need to Know:
- Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard torace, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
- We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online