Dogan’s Sugar Limited is incorporated in July 2013 in Lagos, Nigeria as a European invested company for the will to produce quality sugar products in Nigeria. The company is a subsidiary of Ata Ltd. Co.; Ukraine’s biggest and market leader cube sugar manufacturing company with more than %70 market share.
To start local manufacturing in Nigeria, our company has opened a new factory in Lagos and started its first commercial production in April, 2014 with a production capacity of 90,000 cartons (2,182.5 Metric Tonnes) per month. Our company applies the latest International food standards for food safety and quality (FSSC 22000). In production of Dogan’s Sugar Cubes, it is only used full automatic high technology European sugar processing lines with zero hand contact with the product. As main raw material, we’re only using R1 grade granulated sugar with vitamin A.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Location: Amuwo-Odofin, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Report To: Chief Financial Officer
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Analyze business operations, trends, cost, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project nurture revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish table of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Represent clients before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues.
- Planning, studying & collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw materials, direct labor & expenses.
- Develop, implement, modify and document record keeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Prepare and reconcile general ledger daily/weekly.
- Maintain accurate record of inventories/Fixed Assets register, Payroll computation & Monthly bank reconciliations, Budget/Cash projections etc.
- Conduct monthly & quarterly account reconciliation to ensure accurate reporting.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – by the CFO as required.
Competency & Technical skill Requirements
- Relevant Degree / Diploma in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- 5-7 years experience as an Accounting Manager.
- Strong understanding of accounting, finance, and management principles.
- Exceptional Math Skill.
- Must be highly skilled in the use of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Packages and Accounting software’s such as sage and etc
- High level of efficiency and accuracy.
- Must be a perfectionist by nature, with no tolerance for financial sloppiness.
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyze large amounts of data.
Application Closing Date
20th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.