YD Consult is a security company involve in providing security operatives for organisations and private individuals. We are also into escort services, bodyguarding, etc. We provide the best security solutions with over 30years experience in the industry and within the Nigeria Security Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Document financial transactions by entering account information
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile transactions
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Provide technical support and advice on management
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and generally accepted accounting procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign, and review staff’s work
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Communicate effectively with clients
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel.
- Communicate with Manager and/or Director on work status and client issues that arise.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance related Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 10 years work experience.
- ICAN, ACA or any such certification or a Masters Degree is plus (not compulsory)
- Knowlege of Tax Returns and LIRS and FIRS filing is a must.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Awareness of business trends
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards, gaining experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues.
- Experience with accounting software is a plus.
Skills & Proficiencies:
- Corporate Finance
- Reporting Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Reporting Research Results
- Time Management
- Financial Data Entry Management
- Basic Math
- Planning and Organizing
- Scheduling and Monitoring
- Communication Skills
- Problem Analysis and Problem-Solving Skills
- Active Learning
- Clerical Knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Risk Analysis
- Interpersonal Skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Tax Returns
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups.
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org the Job Title as the subject of the email.