Owens & Xley Consult – Our client, a fast growing catering company, is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified candidate in the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client is seeking the services of a qualified and experienced Accountant. This role is responsible for overseeing the financial management and operations of the business efficiently and accurately.
- These duties covers all the aspects of accounts operations, including budgeting and forecasting, preparation of management accounts, cash flow management and auditing.
- Keep accurate and documented records of the company’s financial transactions and collate these for auditing.
- Maintain financial security through strict implementation of internal controls.
- Collect financial data; prepare balance sheet, and profit and loss statement.
- Provide financial information to management by researching and analyse accounting data and report for decision-making.
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by analysing Tash Bistro’s account information.
- Keep track of all sales & outstanding payments and escalate to the Business Director.
- Manage petty cash and disburse funds for day-to-day operations of the company in line with established account policies and procedures.
- Recommend financial actions by summarizing the company’s current financial status periodically.
- Maintain accounting, inventory and purchase control by preparing policies and procedures.
- Drive compliance to all regulatory compliance and remit all statutory payment as and when due.
- Verify Client’s bills payment and ensure accurate documentation of payment via issuance of receipts.
- Prepare vendor/supplier/petty cash payment by verifying documentation and requesting disbursement.
- Carry out periodic inventory reconciliations in collaboration with the procurement officer & inventory officer.
- Collaborate with the procurement officer in negotiating with suppliers to get the best value for money.
- Make payment runs to suppliers and vendors.
- Create forms & templates for documentation of financial transaction and use these in updating Tash Bistro’s Finance operations records.
- Prepare monthly management reports not limited to: income Statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flow.
- B.Sc in Accounting, Finance or Economics from a reputable institution.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration is an added advantage
- ICAN/ACCA certification is a key requirement
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience
- Experience in the hospitality industry is an added advantage
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite
- Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks, Peachtree or Sage software
- Up-to-date technology expertise is a strong advantage.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance (PAYE, PENSION, VAT, Company Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax)
- Excellent reporting skills.
N120,000 – N180,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
5th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.