Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer – Jumia
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full Time
- The Jumia Mall Country COO will be responsible for leading the Customer Experience, Vendor Experience & customer service teams for improved efficiency in the country.
- Ensuring timely execution of the centrally defined improvements/routines, participating to their refinement through the collection of detailed customer/vendor feedbacks, and leading in-country related specific projects to reach those objectives
- Customer & Vendor Experience improvements are the core of Jumia’s strategic objectives.
- Customer Experience: all elements impacting the satisfaction of a customer navigating or buying on Jumia online experience, delivery experience, product experience, customer service experience, and aftersales (returns / warranties) experience.
- Vendor Experience: all elements impacting the satisfaction of a vendor selling on Jumia: online experience, operational experience and payment/finance experience.
The responsibilities are:
- Day to day team management: Customer experience, Vendor experience, Customer Service and IT infrastructure
- Leadership: Interacting with other central & local teams (logistics & warehousing, IT, commercial, vendor management, marketing) to explain the forecasted activities and get the required support as many of the Ops projects are transversal.
- Understanding the central improvement projects and ensuring their effective and efficient local execution.
- Gather detailed feedback from customers & vendors
- Update the central team with feedback synthesis and related necessary improvements
- Lead and implement necessary improvements at a local level.
- Developing Customer & Vendor Experience awareness across the country’s different services, through proper training and communication channels for centralised actions.
- Leading recruitment activities when necessary.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field from a recognised and accredited University.
- 8 years work experience and at least 5-6 years’ work experience at a senior operations management level.
- Deep knowledge of customer/vendor experience best practices in e-commerce or retail industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Problem solving and quick decision-making ability.
- Proven experience in target setting and ability to efficiently manage multifunctional team.
- Ability to get hands-on with the team & results oriented.
- Well organized and excellent communication skills.
- Owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power point) tools.
- Working knowledge of Google Office Productivity Tools.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Good problem-solving skills required.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets, can prioritize tasks under pressure.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Jobs in Nigeria Now!