The Bureau of Indian Affairs is the lead agency for the United States in carrying on a government-to-government relationship with the tribal nations.
Apply Also For: WRPS to hold recruitment session for women Saturday
Open & closing dates
2016-12-05 to 2017-09-29
$25,731 to $33,450 / per year
Pay scale & grade
0462 Forestry Technician
Temporary NTE 6 months
Job announcement number
1 vacancy in the following location:
The Bureau of Indian Affairs is the lead agency for the United States in carrying on a government-to-government relationship with the tribal nations. A challenging and dynamic place to work, it enhances the quality of life, promotes economic opportunity, and carries out the responsibility to protect and improve the trust assets of American Indians, Indian Tribes and Alaska Natives.
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN):1865232
Applicants for this position must pass a pre-employment medical examination and is subject to physical fitness testing
Drug Testing Designated Position: This is a Drug Testing Designated position.
The Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), in accordance with the Indian Reorganization Act of 1934 (25 USC 472), gives priority in selection to eligible Indian Preference candidates. The BIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who May Apply:
- Merit Promotion Plan (MPP) – Current and former career-conditional or status employees.
- Excepted Service (ESEP) – Indian Preference applicants.
- Veterans Preference – Includes Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) applicants.
- Special Hiring Authorities – Common authorities include Schedule A, Peace Corps, Foreign Service employees, etc.
For additional information see the “Other Information” section.
· Serves as a member of a fire crew assigned to suppress the full range of wildland fires
· Performs assignments as a wildland firefighter in developing a working knowledge of fire suppression and fuels management techniques, practices and terminology.
· Searches out and extinguishes burning materials by moving dirt, applying water by hose or backpack pump.
· Patrols fireline to locate and extinguish embers, flare-ups, and hotspot fires that may threaten developed firelines
· Cleans, reconditions, and stores fire tools and equipment.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel by light or fixed-wing or rotor-wing aircraft.
The following documents are required for this position:
- Resume showing detailed work experience, from (mm/yy) to (mm/yy), hours worked per week, current supervisor’s name and telephone number, duties, education and references.
- On-line Assessment Questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire
- SF-50 (if applying under merit promotion. Be sure your SF-50 displays your tenure in box 24, your position in box 34 and that the SF-50 is not an award)
- Veterans documentation – if applying for VEOA: VA letter on VA letterhead that states you overall combined rating, SF-15, DD214 (copy 4) that indicates and honorable discharge.
- Special Appointing Authority documentation (if applying under a special hiring authority)
- BIA Form 4432 (if claiming Indian preference), link: http://www.bia.gov/DocumentLibrary/index.htm.
- College Transcripts (If qualifications are based on education alone or a combination, submit for verification.)
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, will be required to complete a certification document to confirm their Selective Service registration status, if selected for appointment
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time ON THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.If your application package is incomplete in any way, you will not be considered for this position, and requests for extensions will not be granted. Please double check your application package BEFORE you submit it.
All application materials become the property of the agency and will not be returned.
NOTE: Persons submitting incomplete application will be given credit only for the information they provide. The applicant is responsible for submitting all required documentation in support of their application in order to receive full credit for their Indian preference, veteran preference, experience, training, and/or education. ALL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED MUST BE LEGIBLE. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE SOLICITED FROM THIS OFFICE.
How to Apply
You must apply to this position via the USAJOBS website. If you do not already have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one.
- Click APPLY ONLINE to the right.
- Follow the instructions on USAJOBS to submit your resume.
- Complete the online questionnaire.
- Upload any additional required documents.
We strongly recommend you uploading your documents electronically. However, if you are unable to upload supporting documents:
- To fax your documents, you must use the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdfand provide the required information. The vacancy ID is 1865232.
- Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144. We recommend you retain a copy of your confirmation page.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, September 29, 2017 to receive consideration. Keep a copy of your fax confirmation in the event verification is needed.
HOW TO VERIFY YOUR APPLICATION AND DOCUMENTS RECEIVED
You may verify receipt of your application and any faxed or uploaded documents at any time:
- Log in to your USAJOBS account.
- Click the “Application Status” link.
- Locate this vacancy and click the “more information” link.
You will be displayed the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence we have sent you. NOTE: Your faxed documents may take a day or two to display.
NOTE: It is the applicant’s responsibility to verify that all information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., assessment questions and answers, resume, and any supporting documents) are complete and accurate. All electronic submissions and/or faxes must be completed by Friday, September 29, 2017
NOTE: Submission of a resume alone is not a complete application. This position requires the submission of additional forms as described under the REQUIRED DOCUMENTS section. Failure to provide the required information and/or documentation may result in your application not being considered for employment.
How You Will Be Evaluated
All applicants for this position will be rated and ranked based upon the extent and quality of their experience, training and/or education as reflected on the application. Applicants will be further evaluated according to the degree to which they possess or have the potential to acquire knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal characteristics as listed below. The judgment of qualifications will be based on the material submitted; therefore, it is to the applicant’s advantage to give complete and thorough responses and to present information in a neat and orderly fashion. Qualifications and veteran’s preference eligibility will be determined on the basis of information submitted.
- Knowledge of strategies, tactics and suppression methods used in containment and control of fires
- Skilled in upkeep, preventive maintenance and refurbishment of wildland fire equipment
- Knowledge of accepted fire safety practices and procedures
If you have read and meet the above listed requirements, kindly apply from Here
Do you want a Job today? Click Here to see New Jobs in Nigeria Now!