You can apply for Florida Atlantic University Assistant Swimming Coach recruitment after reading the below information.
The Assistant Swim Coach is responsible to assist the Head Coach, for Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving, with the daily operation of the swimming program and the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
The Assistant Coach recruits, retains, supervises, and coaches student-athletes, under the stated philosophy of the Head Coach, FAU Athletics, C-USA, CCSA and NCAA guidelines.
Reporting to the Head Coach, the responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Assist in all aspects of coaching a nationally competitive Division I Swimming program, including thorough knowledge of the sport, coaching strategies and swimmer development.
· Assist in overall program planning and organization.
· Assist in recruitment of student-athletes on national and regional levels.
· Assist with planning for alumni events including fundraising.
- Assist with pool scheduling & equipment management, community service projects, and fundraising.
· Work within the framework of the Department of Athletics administration and coaches.
· Communicate effectively with Head Coach, students, faculty, administration, staff and alumni.
The successful candidate must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to foster a cooperative work environment. He/she must also possess computer skills, recruiting capabilities, leadership, role modeling, organizational, and interpersonal skills and must be knowledgeable of NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree required
· Minimum of 3 years of coaching and/or playing experience, preferably at the Division I level
· Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of intercollegiate swimming
· Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment, academic eligibility requirements, and retention of student-athletes
· Knowledge of athletics recruitment methods and techniques
· Ability to create a database for all prospects, recruiting software database experience preferred
· Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
· Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Proficient in computer use and relevant Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of HYTEK Meet/Team Manager and Colorado Timing Systems also preferred.
· Available weekends and evenings.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record; must be insurable.
· Successfully pass NCAA recruiting examination within four months of hire.
· First Aid, AED, and CPR certification within four months of hire.
· Background check completed as a condition of employment with FAU.
A review of application material will begin immediately and continue until the full time position is filled.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email Lara Preacco, Ph.D., Head Coach Swimming & Diving –firstname.lastname@example.org: – Resume and/or CV – Coaching Philosophy – Recruiting Process – Vision for the FAU Swim Team – Alumni & Fundraising Involvement – How will you assist the Head Coach – Strengths & Weaknesses – Where you see yourself in 3-5 years Please make sure you also apply online on the FAU Job Posting: https://jobs.fau.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1493837685979 Thank you.